JsDart

Let me start of by saying I love your site's deals and your team has started a great project here, but it needs a bit of refinement :) Below are some UI glitches and minor inconveniences I noticed that I would really appreciate if addressed.

1> On checkout, after entering our mobile number for an OTP validation, one cannot change it if incorrect due to the persistent "ENTER OTP" popup; this is really bad for NovaPlay as it prohibits customers from purchasing products.

2> Pressing Buy Now on the home page for ads (top four pictures) don't redirect to the relevant product listings but instead to the general store page; searching is also inconvenient as it queries the whole website rather than the store which would lead to an increased bounce rate, once again, lowering would be buyers. (Also, who's Rohit Jain?; this name is in the page's code).

3> The calendar, while nice on the home page, would be better suited to generate hype by having major game releases launch dates in a different color and when the user hovers it, the games name and launch price would be displayed. This would really help boost sales for No Mans Sky and Deus Ex Mankind Divided when they launch.

4> NovaPlay currently uses varying fonts on images and on their website and images with their width and height ratios deformed; this wouldn't generate confidence in first time users and due to their apparently large size, which while benefitial for mobile users, doesn't really dwell well with desktop or computer users who have a lot more data to sort through. This excessive use of images also makes the website a tad bit slow on loading.

5> The search animation is nice wherein it expands, but it covers up elements on the webpage; I personally click on my search button, and doing so on NovaPlay directs the user to a search page with no search query; having it check for user text before doing so would be really nice.

The rest onwards is personal preference:

1> I have a great deal of sympathy towards the person designing the website as the HTML, CSS, and Javascript is all on the same page; adding webpages would take a lot of time and any major changes would take  a lot of time and effort to implement. I would suggest having a different .css, .js, and .html website as making changes would be much easier and it would help focusing more on adding content than on how to add content, while making it more pleasent for your team to make changes (who wants to open a thousand line program?)

2> Users need to verify they're a human to make any changes on the forum; while this is benefitail to prevent bots, it's inconvenient if one wishes to quickly reply to a piece of engaging content quickly and it also acts as a barrier of entry in my opinion to creating user driven content.

3> The Hot Topics are a bit outdated at being a few months old; this would make first time users the website is perhaps defunt or unoperational if they haven't visited your rather active social media.

4> This last one may not ever get implemented, but sharing where  the keys are sourced from will add to a layer of trust; not just from first time users who may be vary about purchasing Steam Wallet Codes from a non-physical store, but from people who don't want to support grey market websites like G2A too who engage in the indie devestating business practisces.

I hope no one takes offense to any of my suggestions, and if so, I'm really sorry for the same. Additionally, I'm a new web programmer myself and have quite a bit of experience with graphic design (Photoshop) and I'd love to help out if I can; let me know if you're keen :)

Administrator

JsDart said:

Let me start of by saying I love your site's deals and your team has started a great project here, but it needs a bit of refinement :) Below are some UI glitches and minor inconveniences I noticed that I would really appreciate if addressed.

1> On checkout, after entering our mobile number for an OTP validation, one cannot change it if incorrect due to the persistent "ENTER OTP" popup; this is really bad for NovaPlay as it prohibits customers from purchasing products.

2> Pressing Buy Now on the home page for ads (top four pictures) don't redirect to the relevant product listings but instead to the general store page; searching is also inconvenient as it queries the whole website rather than the store which would lead to an increased bounce rate, once again, lowering would be buyers. (Also, who's Rohit Jain?; this name is in the page's code).

3> The calendar, while nice on the home page, would be better suited to generate hype by having major game releases launch dates in a different color and when the user hovers it, the games name and launch price would be displayed. This would really help boost sales for No Mans Sky and Deus Ex Mankind Divided when they launch.

4> NovaPlay currently uses varying fonts on images and on their website and images with their width and height ratios deformed; this wouldn't generate confidence in first time users and due to their apparently large size, which while benefitial for mobile users, doesn't really dwell well with desktop or computer users who have a lot more data to sort through. This excessive use of images also makes the website a tad bit slow on loading.

5> The search animation is nice wherein it expands, but it covers up elements on the webpage; I personally click on my search button, and doing so on NovaPlay directs the user to a search page with no search query; having it check for user text before doing so would be really nice.

The rest onwards is personal preference:

1> I have a great deal of sympathy towards the person designing the website as the HTML, CSS, and Javascript is all on the same page; adding webpages would take a lot of time and any major changes would take  a lot of time and effort to implement. I would suggest having a different .css, .js, and .html website as making changes would be much easier and it would help focusing more on adding content than on how to add content, while making it more pleasent for your team to make changes (who wants to open a thousand line program?)

2> Users need to verify they're a human to make any changes on the forum; while this is benefitail to prevent bots, it's inconvenient if one wishes to quickly reply to a piece of engaging content quickly and it also acts as a barrier of entry in my opinion to creating user driven content.

3> The Hot Topics are a bit outdated at being a few months old; this would make first time users the website is perhaps defunt or unoperational if they haven't visited your rather active social media.

4> This last one may not ever get implemented, but sharing where  the keys are sourced from will add to a layer of trust; not just from first time users who may be vary about purchasing Steam Wallet Codes from a non-physical store, but from people who don't want to support grey market websites like G2A too who engage in the indie devestating business practisces.

I hope no one takes offense to any of my suggestions, and if so, I'm really sorry for the same. Additionally, I'm a new web programmer myself and have quite a bit of experience with graphic design (Photoshop) and I'd love to help out if I can; let me know if you're keen :)

Hi, 

We really appreciate you spending so much time on site and sharing such detailed feedback. We will definitely get these issues fixed. 

Regards, 

NovaPlay

Tags