Sticking to the conventional Forum Softwares

Siddharth

Hey there, kings and queens.

This is more like a suggestion thread. Although I'll be a bit critical on the basis of my judgment and I hope I won't offend anyone. So, first off, let me be blunt - the current forums SUCKThe reason? Well, it's pretty simple - everything is spread out like a porridge. There's no proper categories, sub-categories. All you see is the static 'Bulletion Board, Gaming, Off-Topic etc.' but when you click on one of them, gosh, it's a mess! People spamming 'MY CD KEY HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED' in all CAPS truly isn't something one would like to see when they first visit the forums, isn't it? Now, coming to the main suggestion - why not stick to the oldskool forum softwares such as IPB (Invision Powerboard), vB (vBulletion) , SMF (Simple Machine Forums) , MyBB? They're far more organised, customizable and the biggest feature of them is - they're user friendly!

I hope you'll like what I've suggested!

Administrator

Siddharth said:

Hey there, kings and queens.

This is more like a suggestion thread. Although I'll be a bit critical on the basis of my judgment and I hope I won't offend anyone. So, first off, let me be blunt - the current forums SUCKThe reason? Well, it's pretty simple - everything is spread out like a porridge. There's no proper categories, sub-categories. All you see is the static 'Bulletion Board, Gaming, Off-Topic etc.' but when you click on one of them, gosh, it's a mess! People spamming 'MY CD KEY HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED' in all CAPS truly isn't something one would like to see when they first visit the forums, isn't it? Now, coming to the main suggestion - why not stick to the oldskool forum softwares such as IPB (Invision Powerboard), vB (vBulletion) , SMF (Simple Machine Forums) , MyBB? They're far more organised, customizable and the biggest feature of them is - they're user friendly!

I hope you'll like what I've suggested!

Hey Siddharth, 

No offense taken. Honetly we think that old school forums are too clutered and we wanted to shift to a cleaner design. Since, we are still in BETA version and are adding new features everyday. This will definelty help us to re-look this section and make it more user friendly. 

Tags